Minutes of HOA Board Meeting on September 11, 2017
Meeting called to order at 7:43 pm with Tony O’Connor, Eric Kerby, Amanda Linares, and Jane Rueger in attendance.
- Previous Meeting Minutes: The Board approved the minutes of the August 2017 meeting, as amended to reflect Dave Balandrin’s attendance.
- Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer presented by email a balance sheet as of September 9, 2017 and related material. He noted that the actual cost of the HOA picnic thus far has come in well below budget. The Board accepted the report.
- Vantage Web Site: Eric reported that he has done substantial work on the HOA website, including adding notes to realtors relating to disclosures and updating the document archives including minutes and past Villager issues. Eric will work with Jane to ensure these files are up to date and more usefully archived.
- Audit Update: Earl made contact with an accountant (Mel Kollander) who would do an audit for an hourly rate of $100/hour. Earl is sending him some information for an estimate. The contact at the Chantilly Farms community (119 homes, $155 annual dues) said they had Mel do an audit and taxes for their community for $750. Earl also solicited a response from David Powers about whether he and Karen would be willing to do a committee audit. However, Earl recommends that if the accountant estimate is reasonable, the Board should approve that expense.
- Playground Update: Dave is continuing to liaise with the contractors for playground upgrades due to rain delays.
- Annual Meeting Preparation: Treasurer presented by email a draft budget for the associate for 2018. He adjusted some items, with notes in the draft. He added a new line for playground mulch, $1500, in order to accumulate funds for significant mulch replacement years. He also added funds for an audit. The board reviewed the draft budget, raised minor questions and suggested minor edits. The board will vote on the 2018 budget by email before the annual meeting.
- Fall Yard Sale: Scheduled for Saturday, October 14. Jane will coordinate with Earl on setting up the yard sale sign in advance of the event.
- Next Meeting: The next Board meeting will be the annual meeting at St. Mark’s.
- Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 8:34 PM.