Minutes of HOA Board Meeting on January 24, 2018
Meeting called to order at 7:39pm with Hal Allen, Earl Hughes, Tony O’Connor, Amanda Linares, Jane Rueger and Dave Balandrin in attendance.
- Previous Meeting Minutes: The Board unanimously approved the minutes of the December 2017 meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer presented the Treasurer’s Report including a balance sheet and register for the checking account. The Board unanimously accepted the Treasurer’s report. The treasurer also noted that he will investigate whether there is a financially beneficial opportunity to invest funds in treasury bills rather than CDs, since CDs pay little interest.
- Vantage Quarterly Deliverer Position: Jane Rueger posted an ad in the Next Door app regarding this position and received multiple responses. She provided additional information on the position to the respondents, and received five continuing interest responses. Of those five, two are Vantage residents. The Board decided to give preference to the Vantage residents, and decided to offer the position first to Erica Hershler given her long, continuous tenure in the community and that members of the Board regularly see her walking in the community. Jane will let Erica know she is hired, and thank the other respondents for their interest.
- Basketball Court: Dave will look into economic options for new backboards and baskets for the court.
- Fence issue: A complaint was received regarding two houses along South Kings Hwy with fences that are installed the wrong way (attractive side inward) and are in general disrepair. The Board will look into these houses and consider next steps.
- Annual event dates:
- Spring Yard Sale – April 14, 2018
- Picnic – September 8, 2018
- Fall Yard Sale – October 13, 2018
- Annual Meeting – October 15, 2018
- Santa’s Visit – December 15, 2018
- Next Meeting: The next Board meeting will be on February 20, 2018 at 7:30pm at Dave’s home (4300 Rock Creek).
- Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 8:25pm.