Minutes of HOA Board Meeting on March 14, 2022

  • Commencement: Meeting called to order at 7:03 p.m. with board members Anna Urman, Brian Mazuc, Dan King, Dave Balandrin, Eric Kerby, Erika King, and Jim McDonald in attendance.  Meeting conducted remotely.
  • Previous Meeting Minutes:
    • Approved February minutes
  • New Business
    • Dues increase in 2022 – confirmed base rate change from $65 to $70 effective 2022; 2022 annual budget and disclosure packages will be adjusted as they currently reflect $75 base rate
    • Yard Sale preparation – need to coordinate with volunteers for signage and post announcements
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • 3 disclosure packages; completing taxes this month; readying for account consolidation to reduce number of accounts
    • GoToMyAccounts – enables self-service access and payment portal for all homeowners; estimated cost is approximately $100/month; need to set up SMTP information so emails can be distributed to board members for testing during trial period (3/10-3/24)
  • Architectural Control (AC) Committee
    • Property violations (ticket #428769 and others) – property has been sold; need to establish if new homeowner was informed of violations to determine next steps in resolving
    • AC Guidelines update – draft provided 3/13 for board review; following board review, post cards will be distributed to the community with instructions for community comment period
  • Common Grounds/Playground Committees
    • Tree removal
      • Ticket 837377 – need to confirm if tree was removed from the property
      • Tree overhanging park path was removed but 2 others are leaning and may need to be removed
  • Private Streets (PS) Committee
    • Reserve Study update – Reserve Study and Private Street funds/reserves are two separate things
      • Need to compile basic information and send out new request for proposal for a reserve study with a narrower scope
      • PS Committee to continue with analysis regarding needs for PS funds
  • The Villager
    • March edition of The Villager – editor is working on it this week
  • Other Business
    • Pending tickets/action items
    • Facebook post regarding pods – no specific policy but recommend it be treated under the spirit of the community rules (park on a hard surface, keep it brief, be neighborly)
  • Upcoming events
    • Spring Yard Sale (April 23rd)
    • Picnic & Food Donation (September 10th)
    • Fall Yard Sale (September 17th)
    • Annual Meeting (October 17th)
    • Santa Visit (December 17th)
  • Adjournment:  8:18 p.m.
  • Follow-up Action Items
    • All: provide Anna with feedback regarding GoToMyAccount experience after Anna & Eric resolve the SMTP issue
    • All: review draft AC Guidelines by 3/21 to determine if there are any major concerns; if so, plan to convene a special working meeting of the board to address
    • All: provide updates in the reserve document
    • Anna: update disclosure package, 2022 invoices, and 2022 budget to reflect the $70 dues
    • Anna: draft postcard for AC Guidelines notification
    • Anna & Eric: coordinate on SMTP issue for GoToMyAccount
    • Brian: contact new homeowner regarding property violations (ticket #428769 and others) to determine if they were informed of violations
    • Dave, Eric, and Hunter: coordinate meeting to discuss restructuring and documenting Playground/Common Grounds Committees roles
    • Dave: confirm if tree removed from homeowner’s property (ticket #837377)
    • Dave: respond to Facebook post regarding pod
    • Eric: create shortened URL for AC Guidelines postcard
    • Erika: coordinate spring yard sale with last year’s volunteers, prepare language for email distribution, and post on Facebook
    • Erika: email board regarding AC Guidelines review, draft NextCloud form for user input, create WordPress page to include links to form, new guidelines, and prior guidelines
    • Hunter: provide updates regarding quotes for tree remediation in park and park path repaving project
    • Unassigned: Reserve Study quotes
  •  AC Report
Ticket NumberDate CreatedSubjectCurrent Status
5733062022-03-13 19:00:04Re: Architectural Project Request [#526199]Open
4938792022-03-07 16:28:53HOA Doc Order 1770Open
6293442022-03-03 14:42:59Help getting the Disclosure PackageResolved
5261992022-02-26 0:03:16Architectural Project RequestApproved
8396432022-02-24 9:26:53Architectural Project RequestApproved
4938802022-02-23 13:52:45Disclosure packet delivery timeframe?Open