Minutes of HOA Board Meeting on May 9, 2022

  • Commencement: Meeting called to order at 7:02 p.m. with board members Anna Urman, Brian Mazuc, Dan King, Eric Kerby, Erika King, and Jim McDonald in attendance.  Meeting conducted remotely.
  • Previous Meeting Minutes:
    • Approved April minutes
  • New Business
    • Virtual meeting guidelines: need in person quorum to adopt guidelines; plan to meet in person at June meeting
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Annual Dues Invoices: posted Facebook page; acquiring supplies to mail notices to those who have not already paid
    • Major expenses: mowing invoice; significant disclosure package requests in past month; mailing supplies/postage
    • Reserve Study update: action items still pending; need to include assessment of bridge maintenance
  • Committee Updates
    • AC Guidelines update – postcards ordered and will be mailed in coming week; community comment period open until 6/30
  • Architectural Control (AC) Committee
  • Common Grounds/Playground Committees
    • Have received multiple community comments regarding current status of playground; pursuing estimates from additional vendors
  • Private Streets Committee
    • Will convene meeting to discuss private street signs
  • The Villager
    • Next issue planned for June
  • Other Business
    • Tickets #435329 and #617293: board voted unanimously (with 1 abstention) to accept both complaints as violations under community rule #5
    • Review tickets/action items
    • Bus stop sign
  • Upcoming events
    • Picnic & Food Donation (September 10th)
    • Fall Yard Sale (September 17th)
    • Annual Meeting (October 17th)
    • Santa Visit (December 17th)
  • Adjournment:  8:01 p.m.
  • Follow-up Action Items
    • All: submit newsletter suggestions on NextCloud
    • All: prepare for picnic planning, will need more volunteers to assist in planning stage
    • Anna & Brian: research signs for Private Streets
    • Anna, Dan & Jim: prepare annual dues notices for mailing
    • Anna & Erika: prepare AC Guidelines postcards for mailing
    • Brian & Eric: draft responses and notifications for tickets #435329 and #617293
    • Brian: update documents for Reserve Study request for quotes
    • Eric & Erika: draft virtual meeting guidelines
    • Eric: send out email distribution regarding annual dues notices
    • Eric: contact editor regarding June newsletter
    • Erika: update numbered guidelines to correct numbers that were cut off
    • Erika: post volunteer opportunity for picnic planning volunteers
    • Hunter: pursue additional proposal for playground maintenance