Minutes of HOA Board Meeting on July 30, 2018

Minutes of HOA Board Meeting on July 30, 2018

Meeting called to order at 7:40 pm with Hal Allen, Eric Kerby, Jane Rueger, and Dave Balandrin in attendance.

Business

  1. Previous Meeting Minutes: The Board unanimously approved minutes from the June 2018 board meeting.
  2. Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer emailed an update that he sent out twenty eight 4th notices on July 26, 2018 which are due August 6.
  3. Other Business:
    1. Swirly Slide Park Suicide: The Board noted that a man committed suicide at the swirly slide park and agreed that it should contact the police to discuss whether any changes to the park can be made to minimize the potential for this unfortunate incident to occur again, and any other recommendations for the HOA in addressing these concerns.  Eric will reach out to the police on this.  The Board decided not to make a statement until such time as the Board has discussed possible options, if any.
    2. Electronic Dues Statements: In response to requests from a few homeowners, the Treasurer confirmed that Quicken can produce digital invoices where an email is manually entered, which he is willing to do in the future upon request of homeowners who supply their email addresses.  The Board continues to believe paper copies should be sent to all homeowners for record purposes.  Eric will continue to review Paypal options for next year’s dues.
    3. Picnic: Dave will email Courtney several weeks before the picnic to confirm logistics. Jane will let Courtney know the August meeting date and will send the spreadsheet for board members to bring supplies.
    4. Board resignations: As both Jane and Earl are likely to resign by the end of 2018, the Board is actively soliciting interest from potential new board members.  Jane included a notice in the Vantage Quarterly, also.  Jane will review the bylaws and articles of incorporation for structural issues if there are not the minimum of five people willing to serve as directors.
    5. No solicitation signs: There have been some complaints of increased solicitor activity in the neighborhood, and questions from homeowners regarding whether it is possible to put up “no solicitation” signs.  Hal will contact Supervisor McKay’s office regarding the possibility of no solicitation signs for the neighborhood.
  4. Board Actions Taken By Email: On July 3, 2018, the Board voted to deny a request by a homeowner to top and/or remove a large tree on HOA property that borders the homeowner’s lot, in order to permit satellite TV reception.  The request was denied because (1) the tree appears healthy and is not leaning towards or threatening the homeowner’s property; (2) the tree provides aesthetic value, shade and related benefits to multiple homes around it and to the community as a whole; and (3) the tree is well-established and has been growing for many years, and replacement of the tree would take a long time.  The homeowner was notified of this decision by letter dated July 15, 2018.
  5. Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 8:11pm.