Minutes of HOA Board Meeting on June 27, 2018
Meeting called to order at 7:36pm with Earl Hughes, Amanda Linares, Dave Balandrin, and Eric Kerby in attendance.
- Previous Meeting Minutes: The Board unanimously approved minutes from the May 2018 board meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer presented the Treasurer’s Report including a statement of deposits and recent payments. There are roughly 60 accounts with remaining balances for yearly dues. The Board unanimously accepted the Treasurer’s report.
- Other Business:
- Earl received a call about a resident interested in paying to remove a large tree likely on association land behind his residence. The Board will take a look at the tree to ensure there are no concerns and allow the homeowner to proceed unless a concern is found.
- The Board discussed various requests for online dues payments and email notifications. There was interest in exploring options for accepting electronic payments through a service such as PayPal. The Webmaster will look into an easy way to offer such an option on the HOA website as long as the fee for the payment service can be applied. At least one homeowner also requested receiving their statement of dues via email. QuickBooks has a location to enter customer email addresses, so the Treasurer offered to see how feasible managing emails will be and report back. A paper statement would still be mailed for legal reasons.
- The Board discussed received bids for power washing / graffiti cleaning at the park. One more bid is being requested and then a decision will be made to move forward.
- Planning for the picnic was discussed. The Board will reach out to see if usual volunteers are available.
- A Fairfax Federation communication alerted the Board about disclosure package fee collection changes in Virginia code taking effect on 1 July 2018. The Treasurer will confirm the wording when the updated code goes into effect and raise any changes needed in VHA policy and practices.
- Repair / repaving of the walking/jogging path through the park was discussed. Tree roots are breaking the path in several areas. Dave will look into obtaining some estimates for this work.
- The Treasurer announced plans to move out of the area following his retirement within the next year. The Board will begin searching for interested volunteers to fill this position.
- Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 8:36pm.