Minutes of HOA Board Meeting on August 29, 2018

Minutes of HOA Board Meeting on August 29, 2018

Meeting called to order at 7:39 pm with Hal Allen, Eric Kerby, Dave Balandrin, Earl Hughes, Amanda Linares, and Jane Rueger in attendance.

Business

  1. Previous Meeting Minutes: The Board unanimously approved minutes from the July 2018 board meeting.
  2. Treasurer’s Report: Down to about a dozen accounts with unpaid dues. Reminder: need to identify a new Treasurer in advance. Treasurer has also been in touch with the audit committee about a audit report reflecting the clean audit results.  Treasurer’s report was accepted.
  3. Other Business:
    1. Picnic –Dave emailed Tony to see if he’s available to help grill this year. Amanda volunteered to post a SignUpGenius call for volunteers on Facebook and Nextdoor. The board confirmed final logistics with Courtney and remaining food and equipment purchases have been planned.
    2. Need for new Board Members – The Board plans to post to Facebook and Nextdoor to solicit volunteers to run for positions on the board in advance of upcoming member departures. Dave posted to Facebook during the meeting.
    3. Annual meeting – Monday, October 15, 2018
      • Earl to confirm we have space at St. Mark’s
      • Hal to prepare proxy statements, which will reiterate the dire need for new board members (at least 2).
      • Earl will prepare the budget for review by email.
    4. Swirly slide park – the Board sought police input on whether any changes to the park should be made to dis-incentivize criminal activity and/or suicide at the park. The police reported to Eric that they did not have any critical recommendations or specific guidelines but noted:
      • No lighting at night – the police are familiar with pros and cons but in general feel that a dark secluded park would attract less desirable attendees to the park.
      • Limited visibility to the park equipment from nearby houses – police suggested considering trimming lower branches of nearby trees to raise the canopy
      • Consider posting hours that people can be at the park, if allowed by HOA rules, which would allow residents to report after-hours activity and in turn would allow police to address issues based on posted rules.
      • Neighborhood watch communications with the police – police need a point of contact within the community. 2nd Tuesday of every month there is a Citizens Advisory Committee with the police.  September 24 at 7pm at the Mt Vernon station there is a training course in basic neighborhood watch going over guidelines for appropriate reporting etc.
    5. No solicitation signs – To be discussed at the annual meeting.
  4. Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 8:42pm.