Meeting called to order at 7:34pm with Hal Allen, Eric Kerby, Earl Hughes, Jim McDonald, Dave Balandrin in attendance. Carlos Chadha also arrived after the meeting commenced.
- Previous Meeting Minutes: A minor edit was made to the January 2019 meeting minutes, and the final version was unanimously approved.
- The Treasurer provided notice via email of two recent payments. The Board will request complete report/statements for this month via email.
- Board Member Resignation: Earl Hughes provided notice of his home sale to the Board. He plans to step down as a board member in the coming days in advance of his closing. Earl is currently still able to sign checks from the association’s SunTrust account. Hal and Anna will take appropriate action to adjust the account.
- Grounds: Liz reported via email on status handling a tree evaluation on Moon Rock Ct. The Board concurred on accepting a bid noting that no work needs to be done since the trees appear healthy.
- Appearance complaint: The Board discussed a complaint of a home’s appearance received via the website. The Board will respond to request confirmation of the home address before inspecting the home for violations.
- Storage building: Earl provided information on estimate inquiries for building a storage shed at the park to Carlos. Carlos is in contact with a contractor to obtain additional details on an estimate. The Board will move items from Earl’s shed to another location within the next couple weeks.
selected for annual events:
- Spring Yard Sale: April 27, 2019
- Fall Yard Sales: October 19, 2019
- Picnic: September 7, 2019
- Annual Meeting: October 21, 2019
- Santa Visit: December 14, 2019
- Architectural Control Committee: Jim will reach out to other members of the architectural control committee who have not been heard from recently. Jim provided information on a demolish and rebuild request submitted to the Architectural Control Committee. The Board determined the request does not contain enough information “to fully describe the proposed work” as required in the Architectural Guidelines.
- Consideration of routine meeting night: A majority of members prefer to continue with Doodle polls to establish meeting dates. It was recommended that members provide more advance notice if having to miss a meeting on a date they marked as available.
- Snow shoveling: Carlos raised a question of interest in hiring a contractor to shovel the neighborhood sidewalks after snow storms. The topic could be raised at the annual meeting depending on quoted costs. Earl mentioned Fairfax County does not have any regulations requiring sidewalks be shoveled.
- Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 9:22 pm.