Meeting called to order at 7:05 p.m. with Eric Kerby, Carlos Chadha, Anna Urman, Dave Balandrin, Liz Loevner, Jim McDonald, and Erika King in attendance. Stephanie Hickey and Hal Allen attended via conference call.
- Previous Meeting Minutes: Minutes from the October 2019 meeting were unanimously approved.
- Treasurer’s Report:
- We had three requests for disclosures; the website will be updated with more detailed information; possibly with a digital request/payment option. No update on CDs versus money market accounts at this time; Anna and Carlos will explore further.
- Other Business:
- Election of New Officers: The current officers were re-elected unanimously. Hal Allen as president, Eric Kerby as vice president, Anna Urman as treasurer, and Stephanie Hickey as secretary.
- Dues Increase: Discussion was had regarding a potential dues increase. The Board will readdress in the future. Anna and Eric will collaborate on options for implementing a digital payment option.
- Park Signage: The Board will continue to look into adding signs at Swirly Slide Park noting that it’s closed at night, plus a sign reminding people about the Fairfax County leash law. Liz will check with a vendor and report back to the Board.
- Tree Maintenance: Dave will confirm with the company that tree maintenance is still on track to happen in November.
- The Board discussed the requested appeal on the AC denial of the play structure request at 4419 Coldbrooke Ct. The Board reviewed the original request, AC feedback, and appeal. A vote was held and the appeal request was approved.
- Architectural Control Committee:
- 4503 Lantern Place: plan to install a deck, pergola-like structure, and privacy lattice. Obtaining more detail before approving.
- 6830 Vantage Drive: Painting house submission. After discussion, not painting at this time. Also requesting new garage door. Garage door is still being discussed.
- 7124 Whetstone: Board received a complaint – please review independently to confirm status of addressed concerns.
- Volunteer Opportunities: The Board will focus on recruiting volunteers to help with tasks moving forward. Erika and Eric will spearhead this effort.
- Santa’s Visit: Jim is taking the lead on Santa duties. The Board aims to obtain a volunteer to assist with escorting Santa. Erika and Eric will use this as a test to call for volunteers.
- Villager Update: Stephanie is completing a draft of the next newsletter. Eric is sending an article on clearing walkways of vegetation. Liz is going to look up and send along information on the county Adopt-a-Fire-Hydrant program.
- Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 8:43 p.m.