Meeting called to order at 7:37pm with Hal Allen, Tony O’Connor, Eric Kerby, Amanda Linares, and Earl Hughes in attendance.
- Previous Meeting Minutes: The Board approved the minutes of the June 4, 2017 meeting via email after the July 12 meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer presented a balance sheet as of July 11, the checking account register June1-July 11, 2017, and a budget-vs-actual report. About 40 households have not yet paid the 2017-18 dues. The Board accepted the report.
- Late Fees: The treasurer proposed that in accordance with Article XII of the Bylaws, the Board establish a late fee policy for payments of assessments that are not paid when due. Late fees would be imposed on accounts 30 days or more delinquent, and the amount of the late fee would be $10.00. The board discussed the proposal and unanimously approved a $10.00 late fee to be added to dues not paid within 30 days of the due date.
- Playground Shades: Amanda reported on her research on shade structures for the playground. The cost for a permanent structure on a concrete floor would be around $50,000, much more than the Board can support. She also briefed the board on semi-permanent fabric shades supported by frames on poles set in the ground, which are in use at several playgrounds. She will get more information for the Board on this type of shade.
- Vantage Web Site: Eric reported that he had administrator rights to the WordPress files for the Vantage site, but that the 1&1 hosting system was still controlled by the former Webmaster, who is moving to Michigan. Eric and Amanda will attempt to contact the Webmaster before his departure and get the hosting paperwork transferred to the Association. Earl will search the payment records to see if they contain identification information for the 1&1 account.
- Picnic Planning: The picnic will be September 9. Tony asked if Courtney would coordinate it, and Earl committed to contact Courtney to find out the answer.
- Complaint about foliage at 6823 Vantage Dr: Board members evaluated the complaint that foliage at 6823 Vantage Drive obstructs the view of oncoming Vantage traffic for cars stopped on Rock Creek. It does not. Hal committed to writing a reply to the owner who made the complaint.
- Next Meeting: The next Board meeting will be 7:30 PM August 9 at Earl’s house.
- Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 8:45 PM.