Meeting called to order at 7:41pm with Earl Hughes, Eric Kerby, Dave Balandrin, Liz Loevner, Jim McDonald, Anna Urman, Stephanie Hickey, Carlos Chadha, and Hal Allen in attendance.
- Open position appointments: The duties of open officer and committee positions were described. Selections are as follows. Previous position holders will transition duties to newly elected/selected members.
- Secretary: Stephanie Hickey nominated and accepted by unanimous vote. Stephanie also expressed interest in volunteering as the Villager editor.
- Treasurer: Anna Urman nominated and accepted by unanimous vote.
- Architectural Control Committee Chair: Jim McDonald
- Grounds Committee Chair: Liz Loevner
- Previous Meeting Minutes: The Board amended and unanimously approved minutes from the September 2018 board meeting. The Board amended and unanimously approved minutes from the October 2018 annual community meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report: Earl presented the Treasurer’s report. The Board discussed collections policies, digital payments and email notices, equity investments, and recent payments made. The Board accepted the Treasurer’s report.
- Other Business:
- Santa’s Visit: A volunteer is needed for organizing Santa’s visit to the neighborhood. Carlos volunteered. Carlos will contact Tony for transition.
- Storage Shed: Earl brought up the matter of whether to install a storage shed near the playground. Pros and cons of installing a shed were discussed. Earl plans to contact Hector Martinez to obtain an estimate on the work. Dave plans to contact Julio Lazo to obtain an estimate on the work.
- Tree Trimming Requests: Handling of tree trimming requests was discussed. Recommendations were made to the common grounds committee on procedures for facilitating estimates and pending/future requests. The board is considering organizing a community-wide assessment from an arborist and working with the county urban forester.
- Annual Meeting Complaints: Complaints raised during the annual meeting were discussed. A suggestion was made to post information in the newsletter about avenues to submit complaints to the county and police.
- Deferred to Next Meeting: The following items were raised briefly but deferred to discussion at the next meeting due to time constraints:
- Consider any Board-organized communications on sagging drywall recommendations
- Consider (additional) no solicitation signs
- Posting of hours signage at the park
- Adjournment:The meeting adjourned at 9:23pm.