Minutes of HOA Board Meeting on April 10, 2019

Meeting called to order at 7:05 p.m. with Dave Balandrin, Anna Urman, Jim McDonald, Carlos Chadha, and Stephanie Spika Hickey in attendance.  Eric Kerby joined after the meeting had begun.

Business

  1. Previous Meeting Minutes: Minutes from the March 2019 meeting were unanimously approved.
  2. Treasurer’s Report:
    • The Treasurer shared reports of recent account activity and balances.  The two biggest expenses recently have been paying liability insurance and the shed deposit.  Annual dues are due at the end of May.
  3. Other Business:
    • Storage Building:  Work on the storage building has started.  Board agreed that the building should be painted a natural color that blends in with surrounding houses.
    • Park Signage:  No update this meeting; topic postponed until next meeting.
    • Arborist Survey:  No update this meeting; topic postponed until next meeting.
    • Architectural Control Committee:
      • 4419 Coldbrooke:  Neighbor complained that shed in backyard has been moved toward shared fence and that shed is also too tall.  Board voted that shed appears to be in violation of height restriction, so Jim McDonald will speak with homeowner. It was also noted that the property next door has unfinished siding, so Jim McDonald will speak with homeowner.
      • 7124 Whetstone:  Neighbor complained that home was not being taken care of, but it appears someone is caring for the home.  Jim McDonald will speak with homeowner to ensure that home is maintained.
      • 7018 Vantage Court:  Homeowner has requested to build a fence.  Concern is regarding the height of the fence, as the property is a corner lot.  Dave Balandrin and Jim McDonald will speak with homeowner.
      • Website Edits:  Jim McDonald presented suggested edits to the Architectural Control description on the website.  It was noted that the text may be part of the Bylaws of the community and is not easily changed.  Jim McDonald will write a proposed draft of text specifically for the website and present it at the next meeting.
      • Tear Down Rules:  Jim McDonald bought up the Committee’s concerns that our community does not have any guidelines for tearing down properties.  The Board will continue discussing this issue in the future, including bringing it up at the October annual meeting.
    • Community Yard Sale:  Liz Loevner and Dave Balandrin will set up community yard sale sign.  Dave Balandrin will promote yard sale on Facebook and Craigslist.  Anna Urman will post about yard sale on NextDoor.
  4. Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 8:02 p.m.