Minutes of HOA Board Meeting on July 23, 2019

Meeting called to order at 7:10 p.m. with Hal Allen, Carlos Chadha, Anna Urman, Eric Kerby, and Dave Balandrin in attendance.  Stephanie Hickey attended via conference call.

Business

  1. Previous Meeting Minutes: Minutes from the June 2019 meeting were unanimously approved.
  2. Treasurer’s Report:
    • The treasurer gave a report on the financial status of the HOA.  2019 HOA dues are being deposited, and the treasurer is tracking private street funds.  Our Quickbooks have been updated to the 2019 version.  It’s noted that T&C is our largest monthly expense, however, they are not quick to respond to board members.
  3. Items Approved Via Email Since Last Meeting:
    • Arborist Survey:  On July 14, the Board approved via email to hire Matthew Barker to complete an arborist survey of HOA-owned property. 
    • Tree and Poison Ivy at Park:  On July20, the Board approved via email to have Julio Lazo remove a fallen dead tree on the path at the park and spray for poison ivy.
  4. Other Business:
    • Arborist Survey:  Matthew Barker has begun work on assessing trees on HOA common grounds.  He is about a quarter of the way completed with the job.  The Board will seek bids on tree work once the arborist survey has been completed.
    • Park Maintenance:
      • Clogged Drain Pipe:  Recommendation to put rock to help with drainage for $600 from one contractor; Dave will follow-up with another contractor for a second bid.
      • Dead Tree:  This will be addressed with the arborist survey.
      • Playground Maintenance:  The lone contractor who has responded with a bid said he won’t be able to address these issues until this fall.
        • Swirly Slide
        • Graffiti
        • Landscape Fabric
    • Park Signage:  Anna found a company online called Smart Sign that could provide two signs with posts for $209, which is significantly cheaper than local quotes.
    • Private Street Funds:  The Board discussed bringing up an increase in private street dues during the Annual Meeting.
    • Storage Building:  Liz and Dave both have keys to the storage building.
    • Architectural Control Committee:
      • 7124 Whetstone:  Work is being done on the property; however, Architectural Control Committee would like feedback on status of property.
      • 4419 Coldbrooke:  Owners have nonconforming play structure and are working with Architectural Control Committee on a solution.
    • Villager Update:  Q3 Villager has been distributed.  Any suggestions for articles for the Q4 edition can be submitted to Stephanie.
    • Annual Meeting:  Eric is running point on securing St. Mark’s church as location for our Annual Meeting.
    • Community Picnic:  The Vantage picnic is scheduled for September 7.  Carlos will contact Courtney – who previously coordinated the picnic – to create a task list for this year’s picnic.
    • Nextcloud:  Eric will work with Anna and Stephanie to ensure Treasurer and Secretary documents are stored in a shared location.
  5. Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 8:34 p.m.