Minutes of HOA Board Meeting on April 15, 2021

  • Commencement: Meeting called to order at 7:06 p.m. with board members Anna Urman, Dave Balandrin, Elizabeth Loevner, Eric Kerby, Erika King, and Jim McDonald in attendance.  Meeting conducted remotely due to COVID-19 pandemic.
  • Previous Meeting Minutes:
    • Approved March minutes
  • Business conducted via email
    • Stephanie Hickey resigned from the board and all committees effective 4/11/21
  • New Business
    • Voted to raise dues (five in favor, one opposed)
      • Raise annual base rate from $65 to $70 effective May 2022; private street premium remains $24 at this time (total private street dues: $94)
      • Will include notice in May 2021 dues statements to provide advance notice of change
      • Moving forward: will continue to raise rates every 5 years to cover inflation from the previous 5-year period (rounded to nearest dollar)
      • Will present reserve study at annual meeting
    • HOA Privacy and privacy policy
      • Impacts disclosure packages
      • Now able to use ticket numbers for reference
      • Will revisit topic at a future meeting
    • Disclosure requests and AC review in ticketing system
      • Request to add disclosure requests to ticketing system with seamless connection to payment link
    • Addressing common property after tree removal
      • No action will be taken with property; will notify homeowner
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • No major expenses
    • Account numbers on balance sheet have been updated (CDs moved into money market and checking accounts)
  • Private Streets Committee
    • Convened first meeting; Anna designated as chair.  Establishing charter and revamping finance spreadsheet; once established, plan to invite more community participation
  • Website Administration/Documentation
    • WordPress upgrade to be applied
  • Volunteer Coordination
    • Ticket 299706 regarding Food Trucks; will contact for more information
  • Other Business
    • Complaints
      • Ticket 282672 re: pipestem asphalt; depression has continued to settle and deepen since work originally completed in April 2019 and Washington Gas failed to repave with concrete
        • Board accepts complaint due to safety concerns for community and under community rule 1; will contact homeowner
      • Ticket 305156 re: smoking in park
        • No rule about smoking in park; suggest community follow common courtesy; will notify complainant
      • Reviewed pending action items
  • Upcoming events
    • Picnic & Food Drive (September 11)
    • Fall Yard Sale (September 18) – moved from October 2nd per community request
    • Annual Meeting (October 18)
    • Santa Visit (December 18)
  • Adjournment:  9:05 p.m.
  • Follow-up Action Items
    • All: address pending action items on board tasks
    • Anna: prepare dues notices (printing, stamps, envelopes, labels)
    • Anna/Erika: stuff envelopes and mail dues statements
    • Eric: remove Stephanie’s accounts/access
    • Eric: disclosure packages in ticketing system
    • Eric: WordPress updates and troubleshoot events not showing on homepage
    • Erika: response for ticket 299706 (food trucks)
    • Erika: draft response for ticket 282672 (pipestem asphalt):
    • Actions already completed:
      • Dave: respond to complainant regarding common area
      • Eric: follow-up re: Villager publication
      • Eric: response for ticket 305156 (smoking in park)
      • Erika: update yard sale date on website
      • Erika: tweak language for dues increase and resend
      • Erika: anonymous poll for meeting location preferences